Electric showers - do they have an integral pump??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm selling a 9.5KW Triton Jade Deluxe electric shower on ebay and I have been asked if it has a pump in the unit? Can anyone answer this question?

Thanks in anticipation.

moved as posted in Floors / Stairs / Lofts / Floor Tiling :?:

Sponsored Links
in general, electric showers dont have an integral pump. This is why they must be connected to adequate mains pressure - the water is pushed through. Tell the bidder this.

OOI, does the shower work? ;) ;)

only power showers have pumps. electric showers need mains pressure to work

Sponsored Links
andy said:

sorry, thats not true, some electric showers do have a small internal pump

breezer said:
andy said:

sorry, thats not true, some electric showers do have a small internal pump

always thought they didnt. not that ive worked with many showers

andy said:
always thought they didnt. not that ive worked with many showers
you would have thought so would't you, with it being ileagal to pump mains water but there are one or two that do have an internal pump, one was mentioned on here some time ago

just googled and found this

breezer said:
...some electric showers do have a small internal pump
Instaneously heating showers, that are mains fed, do not have internal pumps.

breezer - can you give an example of a brand and model that contradicts my belief?

OK - our postings crossed. However, my belief still holds, because the web site you found says this:

"the Triton T80si Pumped is a tank fed integral pumped electric shower designed for installations where the pressure of the mains water supply is too low, unreliable or non-existent. It can therefore be used in locations unsuitable for normal electric showers.

So this isn't for use on mains cold.

BTW, it isn't illegal, per se, to pump mains water - the Water Regs permit it, but only at a maximum flow rate of something like 0.3l/m (from memory).

Just add my pennys worth.
Its an electric shower with all the electrical parameters exactly the same for mains fed plumbing.
The only difference being is this has a pump and the feed needs to come off a cold water tank in the loft (or wherever)
Installed a couple of these and they are far better than mains fed models

I have to agree that the "blurb" does say it should be fed from a water tank. i only did a qucik google :oops: although i did say i thought you couldn't pump direct mains

how ever it is still an electric shower with a pump, which is what the origonal debate was asking, although the origonal poster wanted to know regarding a particular model

You're right breezer, and I'm particularly guilty of wandering from the original point.

Interestingly enough, as John Motson would say (if he were a plumber), according to
The Shower Doctor
, the Jade does not have an integral pump.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back