Electric supply to a cooker hood and a GAS hob.

I'll take a look then, it'll probably be in a day or two now as have decided to get lower half of kitchen done so it's half useable.

What counts as a maintenance free joint please? As of in one that needs to be opened with a knife or tool?

It's not acceptable to make the joint buried in a wall behind a cabinet and then clearly mark where the join is?

Sponsored Links
If the joint is not accessible then it must be maintenance free.
Screwed joints can become loose so are not permitted unless they can be inspected.
Suitable MF junctions include Wago connectors inside a Wago enclosure. There are ready made solutions like THIS.

Thankyou, I'll get down Screwfix over the weekend.

Once I have a live to that socket, could I share the output between the hob igniter and the cooker hood or am I getting ahead of myself?

If it's a no-no I can just put a plug on the hob and run the wiring under the counter but it might make it easier if it was ok to share.

Apologies if a daft question, I know it can be frustrating from my time on mechanic's forums! o_O:D

Sponsored Links
If I got a double socket is that one where there's no plug socket one side, just a switch then a plug the other.

If the wiring for the hob is going below counter then I don't mind putting a plug on the end, but above counter the wiring will be seen, so would prefer to hardwire it.

The diagram below is what I had in mind, is there any reason why I couldn't do that?

Alternatively there is a double socket a few hundred mm to the left, if i did go the double socket route would I just wire the hob to the load of the side that has a plug and the hood to the switch/no plug side please?

Attachments

• IMG_20210820_101328.jpg
    IMG_20210820_101328.jpg
    178.2 KB · Views: 57
Alternatively there is a double socket a few hundred mm to the left, if i did go the double socket route would I just wire the hob to the load of the side that has a plug and the hood to the switch/no plug side please?

No.

If the joint is not accessible then it must be maintenance free.
Screwed joints can become loose so are not permitted unless they can be inspected.
Suitable MF junctions include Wago connectors inside a Wago enclosure. There are ready made solutions like THIS.

I've been advised not to try and bury anything due to depth of plasterboard and then a breeze block wall right behind.

Instead I've been advised to surface mount it inside the cabinet, could I do that with the box linked please?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back