Electric theft by EV owners causing charge points to be switched off.

Pretty much how I see it. Nobody yet knows how things will pan out.

Some of us see charging as an issue, some dont. Some see goods deliveries without issue, some see some big problems to get over. Some see transport becoming an issue , some dont.

But it is all opinion for now. Until the balance begins to swing to more EVs than ICE cars then none of us really know. But I'm old enough to know there will be some big obstacles, even if I can't be sure what they are.

But I also agree things are going to change, and it's probably for the better (overall)

Sponsored Links
We can see how much the government really wants us to move to EV's, look at all the police, ambulance, fire and other local authority vehicles which are now EV's. We use to have trams in every major city and town, but the lines have been ripped up, some have been relaid, but not even as many as there were when I was a lad.

Pointless trying to argue about this. The point is that 'we shall see'.
(And that I was right all along!)

I think this thread has now well & truly deviated from the OP's original post & frankly has run it's course.
I'm going to un-watch now & hopefully return to vehicle related subjects.

Sponsored Links
However users have it seems been sitting in their cars, getting the 15 minutes then unplugging and plugging them back in again, so the firms supplying power to the chargers have had bills for 350 kWh of power used, but have not got anything from Podpoint.
I was reminded of this on Tuesday when I popped up to a kitchen showroom on an industrial estate. When I parked up, there were two EV parking/charging bays and one bloke was sitting in his car charging it up. When I came out abut 10/15 minutes later, he was still there but his car was being charged from the next bay that didn’t have a car parked in it. I think he must have been switching back and forth between the two chargers.

I was reminded of this on Tuesday when I popped up to a kitchen showroom on an industrial estate. When I parked up, there were two EV parking/charging bays and one bloke was sitting in his car charging it up. When I came out abut 10/15 minutes later, he was still there but his car was being charged from the next bay that didn’t have a car parked in it. I think he must have been switching back and forth between the two chargers.

If that was the case, more fool him for his time being worth less than a few squids (y)

He could have been.
I took it though, that as you'd also said

he was there with the main intention being gaming the system (in a thread where people are charging up their cars, for free).
Whilst possibly eating his lunch? I don’t know, just a suggestion. All I do know was that he was definately using two chargers. It was around lunchtime so he could have been killing two birds with one stone or just a tight bastard.

If that was the case, more fool him for his time being worth less than a few squids (y)
Yeah but the amount of people that have nothing better to do than sit around on their phones on instagram/twitter/DIYnot etc.. Might as well do it in the car if you're gonna plug someone for free electricity

Electricity is never free, some one pays for it, at one point some supermarkets were offering free charging while you shopped, it was a loss leader in a way, which I think are now no longer permitted? But be it so many P of a gallon if you spend so much, or free EV charging it means people don't think it is wrong to abuse the system.

But driving into a town with multi recharge points so if one does not work, easy to drive to next, is very different to in a small Welsh village where either you need to return to last town 8 miles back, or carry on to next charge point some 30 miles away up steep hills so likely with a heavy car going to use a lot of power.

Sponsored Links
Back