Electric towel rail heater how long to install?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi i want a spark to install a towel rail heater in the shower room

How long should this job take approximately?

One geezer said it could take up to 8 hours.

The consumer unit is the other side of the wall to which rail will be placed so not much cabling to do.

http://www.e-tradecounter.co.uk/p-206-500w-ladder-towel-rail.aspx

ANy comments on this model or a suitable alternative. This model gives 500 Watts heat so it is good for background heat also.

Cheers

Sponsored Links
I take it he meant absolute worse case (ie everything can go wrong; goes wrong)

Normally I would allow a half day for this if there is new wiring to do. But it easy for things to take a bit more time than expected, he is only trying to keep his answer honest. No one likes nasty surprises - I mean if he said he would be there in all morning and you took a half day off work, and at 2pm he had not finished, then you might be annoyed.

I take it he is working to a price in any case?

need more info.

Eg are there spare ways in consumer unit? RCD protection at consumer unit? Main bonding in place to gas and water pipes? lush fitted or surface mount outlet?????

Sponsored Links
need more info.

Eg are there spare ways in consumer unit? RCD protection at consumer unit? Main bonding in place to gas and water pipes? lush fitted or surface mount outlet?????

Thanks for all replies

New consummer unit 2 years ago so must be up to regs.
2 spare ways
No gas ... hence electric towel rail/heater being installed (!)
It would be trunked.

I take it he meant absolute worse case (ie everything can go wrong; goes wrong)

I take it he is working to a price in any case?

"as its a small job, he would prefer to work hourly rate"

That is not fair on you - I would just quote it and live with the price I gave - as I think most would. Hourly rates are for truly unknowns like fault finding. He has seen the task surely he can say how much.
I want to be fair to both you and him - but he should give a price for the job.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back