Electric Towel Warmer & Timeswitch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

I am fitting a 65w electric towel warmer in the bathroom and I have a Horstmann CentaurPlus C11 timeswitch (single channel) that I want to fit in the room below to control it with.

The connections in the timeswitch are

N
L
2 COMM
3 OFF
4 ON

Am I right in think I need to connect the towel warmer Neutral to 4 and the Live to 2?

And also make a connection from 2 to L (it says in the instructions that a link is required from L-2 for mains voltage applications).

The only instructions included are far more complicated set ups with boilers and room stats, so any help anyone could offer would be greatly appreciated :)

Sponsored Links
No. The common is the live supply via the link, that is switched between 3 (off) & 4 (on) so you connect the towel rail live to to 4. The towel rail neutral goes to N surprisingly.

N= Neutral supply & Neutral to towel rail
L= Live supply & Link to (2) common
4= Live to towel rail

There is a diagram in the instruction leaflet that shows this clearly.

I am a little worried by your question and lack of understanding and would be worried about your ability to do this safely. Have you considered RCD protection, double pole isolation, fuse rating and Part P?

Thanks Stem, I'm running this from a 3amp fused switch and using 1.5 mm cable.

Sponsored Links
Well that's answered 2 out of the 4 things stem asked if you'd considered....

But I share his worries - there is a perfectly clear explanation of what the switch does on p3 of the instructions, and your thinking about what to connect to each terminal shows that you don't understand what it means or have a clue about basic circuits etc.

Doing electrical work without a full and genuine understanding is highly inadvisable, you should not blindly follow instructions to put-this-wire-in-that-hole without understanding why, and how it all works.

Please, before making any attempts to fiddle with things, learn about what you want to fiddle with.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back