Electrical courses

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anyone recommend any electrical courses for a plumber/gas fitter wanting to gain more knowledge/qualifications. I have emailed a couple of colleges that say you need to be employed by a electrical firm to by on there courses.

Sponsored Links
Hi,

This might not be exactly what you are after, but I can thoroughly recommend an HNC/HND in electric and electronic engineering from Teesside university:

https://www.tees.ac.uk/undergraduat...nic_engineering_by_flexible_open_learning.cfm

The course is totally on-line.
If you wish to continue past the HND, another year can get you a full degree.

It is expensive, and may not get you the hands on experience of an apprenticeship, but the knowledge and theory gained is invaluable. :)

What is it you’re trying to do? If it’s wiring up heating systems then there’s several on the market.

Last edited:
Hi,

This might not be exactly what you are after, but I can thoroughly recommend an HNC/HND in electric and electronic engineering from Teesside university:

https://www.tees.ac.uk/undergraduat...nic_engineering_by_flexible_open_learning.cfm
That course will, in no way, add to the skills or knowledge for ELECTRICAL installation work.
It is an HNC/HND course in ELECTRONICS.

The direction the OP probably needs is City and Guilds. But, as mentioned, we need clarification of what he is hoping to achieve from the training.

Sponsored Links
Ideally to become fully competent in electrical work. Or as much as one can without an apprentice. Thanks.

If you want an evening course, then I’d suggest a local college that provides what you need, probably a level 2 or 3 in electrical installation. Not sure if you’d need inspection & testing, et al.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back