Electrical engraving

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I have about 10 MK metal clad accessories which I need engraving.

I used to use enlabel for this but they appear to have ceased trading.

Has anyone found an alternative company which offers a similar service?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
I smell some deja vu. Haven't you posted about this before?

I have about 10 MK metal clad accessories which I need engraving. I used to use enlabel for this but they appear to have ceased trading.
Do you actually need a 'specilaist' engraving company? A fair number of high street jewellers and even 'key cutting kiosks' etc. offer an engraving service.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
When you get them engraved, be careful not to break through the paint otherwise you'll expose the raw steel which will eventually rust.

May be less hassle to get engraved signs and stick them on?

Do you actually need a 'specilaist' engraving company? A fair number of high street jewellers and even 'key cutting kiosks' etc. offer an engraving service.

Kind Regards, John

I quess they would but the companies we used filled the letters with some sort of paint after, this also stops them, corroding/rusting.

I quess they would but the companies we used filled the letters with some sort of paint after, this also stops them, corroding/rusting.
Indeed, but I think that some of the sort of places I mentioned can do that as well - for appearance if not corrosion resistance. In fact, once the engraving had been done, one could probably add the paint (or whatever) oneself.

Kind Regards, John

Not sure of RFs circumstances, though I quess its more for Vanity reasons.

When I first started Tesco work, there policy was, no stick on labels, in any Food Prep areas, due to possible food contamination if they fell off.
I have since spoke to EHO and they dismiss this, I have spent years trying to find written confirmation that it was true, as it sounds feasible to me.

Having trained and worked in the food industry, I don't know of any rule. However, Tesco may have their own rules.

You may be surprised how many bits fall off machinery and end up in the food!

Having trained and worked in the food industry, I don't know of any rule. However, Tesco may have their own rules.
Quite apart from the risk of falling off, one of the problems with stick-on labels is, even if they look fine initially, it doesn't not usually take long (or much 'cleaning') before the edges get dirty and they look pretty skanky!
You may be surprised how many bits fall off machinery and end up in the food!
I'm sure, but I imagine it's actually pretty rare. Over the years/decades, I think I've only ever encountered two significant 'foreign objects' in food products.

Kind Regards, John

Over the years/decades, I think I've only ever encountered two significant 'foreign objects' in food products.
That's because a) there are inspection systems that pick up most of the FOs, and b) you've probably eaten a lot more than you know about!:eek:

That's because a) there are inspection systems that pick up most of the FOs, and b) you've probably eaten a lot more than you know about!:eek:
The latter is undoubtedly true, but I was talking about 'significant' (i.e. not miniscule) FOs which had "fallen off machinery" (per secure's comment) - and I doubt whether one can eat them without being aware! As for the inspection etc., yes, there's a tremendous amount of that now, primarily automated, but the 'decades' I was talking about go back 50+ years, and (although I may be wrong) I suspect that inspection practices were not quite the same back then.

Some FOs (like mice in the middle of loaves!) are, I imagine, quite (or very) difficult to detect, since I doubt that every loaf gets X-rayed or scanned, even today.

Kind Regards, John

When I was working for a control gear manufacturer, it was not uncommon for customers in the food industry to insist on labels being engraved on the product rather than stuck on. Many of our distributors used to provide an engraving service.

I prefer engraved plates as it looks better and I was taught it's the proper way to do things.

Stick on labels fall off and get damaged in my experience.

I will give swifts a try. Enlabel used to be such an easy service to use. Just select the accessories you required, type in the label and pay. Two days later you had the finished product!

It's a shame there's no one else who offers this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back