Engraving electrical outlets

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have some switch outlets I will be installing in my kitchen as part of a rewire (Part P with LABC). Do you know anywhere I can get them engraved with phrases such as 'washing machine', 'fridge', etc?

I searched using google to find companies that would do this, but the ones I found would not engrave my switches, rather choosing to sell their own. I have already purchased the switches and would rather avoid buying them again.

Sponsored Links
You will likely pay more for this being done than you will to purchase new ones.

Unless you can find a local engineering works with a pantograph machine. :cry:

I have in the past bought MK grids from tobbels (part of eddys) on roseville road in Leeds. They then sent it off to who ever, and it came back to there engraved as per my design. No harm in asking them. 0113 2430771

Can't remember how much it cost but it wasn't much. I normally buy them from EnLabel now, or for something like your job I'd buy the pre printed grid modules like these by MK

K4896NWMWHI.jpg

Sponsored Links
Electric Centre advertise an engraving service in their catalogue, but not had occasion to use it.

Have ordered 'job lots' of engraved MK Logic 3 FCUs through Edmundsons recently, very good quality, but again, not sure about providing your own.

My local Timpsons key cutting place do a 'we'll engrave anything' service, you pay per character (I think it was 10p a letter)

I had a couple of faceplates done by them last year.... only problem I had was filling in the engraved letters with modeling paint to make them more legable......

RF: I'll pop down to Roseville Road. I've been there before and they have been helpful. Certainly a good starting point.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back