Electrical items not working,but fuses all ok?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have a Toyota corolla verso 2003,the cd/radio has stopped working,also the electric mirrors,and cigarette lighter (i dont smoke but the sat nav plugs in) i wondered if they are all fed via the one fuse,so i checked them all,and they are all ok.
Anyone know what to check now?
TIA

Sponsored Links
which fuses did you check? the ones under the bonnet or the ones under the dash?

I think there is a bank of fuses connected to the positive battery terminal on these.....and if the fag lighter shorts out, one of them blows. Worth a look in this area!
John :)

Ive checked the fuses by the battery,these are all ok,i didnt realise there is another lot under the dash,ill go have a look now.
Thanks guys

Sponsored Links
Thats it!! fuse in the glovebox had gone,dont know why.Radio and mirrors work ok now,didnt check fag lighter,dont smoke so will never use it.
Thanks for the help.

Occasionally, some devices that use fag lighter type plugs cause a short in the socket - especially if they are plugged in with gusto......maybe thats been the cause.
Pleased you found the fuse, anyway!
John :)

We have a Toyota corolla verso 2003,the cd/radio has stopped working,also the electric mirrors,and cigarette lighter (i dont smoke but the sat nav plugs in) i wondered if they are all fed via the one fuse,so i checked them all,and they are all ok.
Anyone know what to check now?
TIA

I had virtually the same problem in an Avensis, but could find no blown fuse in the kick panel, or under the bonnet....

So wired a good +12V to a dead 12V circuit (thus proving there wasn't a short), and all electrics came back to life! I 'believe' that a relay is to fault, although the OP suggests they cured it, vehicle has been seen cruising as a taxi, after I got rid.

Plugging into the ciggy lighter might reveal clues, as I had a 12V/240V convertor, and a 12V - 12V phone charger plugged into that, when I had it.

Toyota were always on the ball regarding servicing, but didn't fix loss of electric mirrors/aircon/radio/etc in one shot, and connecting +12V to the radio cured all(!) I suspect a random grey relay, but couldn't get a fix what it was, or used for, in the kick panel.

Back