Electrical no-man's land!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Electrics failed, couldn't find the problem so called in a P Cert. electrician from Yellow Pages. He found the fault (circuit over-loaded) and charged £90 for an hour's work. I decided to get a Landlord's Cert. so hired this electrician for a complete rewire.

After taking £3,250 from me, the work was only half-finished and didn't include chasing cable runs, installation of new sockets or any replastering of any kind.

I told him not to come back. No other electrician will complete the work of another as they insist on starting from the beginning.

Now I'm saving up to hire a government agency-recommended sparky to start from scratch. (I get government - HouseProud - help because I am an OAP and have a disabled wife).

P.S. This doesn't really count as a DIY disaster except if I try to complete the job myself! Also, the orginal circuit overload was caused I believe by me installing kitchen downlighters but only half of them with individual low-voltage transformers.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back