Electrical supplier

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello guys, can anyone recommend the best priced online electrical supplier, in this instance I'm after the MK range for 2nd fix.

thanks

James

Sponsored Links
lol. thanks

there are hidden gems suppliers all over the place it's finding them that is the hard bit. Never bought anything like this before other than absolute budget stuff.

J

lol. thanks

there are hidden gems suppliers all over the place it's finding them that is the hard bit. Never bought anything like this before other than absolute budget stuff.

J

If you want the MK you will generally pay between 25 and 50% more than the budget range but quality tends to be better. Though of late they have been cutting back for example the screws they are supplying with light switches are now 25mm - used to be 35mm. Plus their trade discount seems to have dropped to around 10%.

The best thing is to search against a specific item you want then compare prices - the likes of screwfix, tlc etc tend to monitor each others prices. I don't know of a website that does a compare the meerkat for mk products.

Sponsored Links
Thanks guys, I missed 40 twins on ebay that were an an exceptional price. I've managed to find them for £3 inc VAT for twins from www.amcelectricals.com. Doesnt look like the most pro site in the world. I'm completely new when it comes to the range out there. all I know if I've seen and like the MK range. is there another brand on the market doing similar design for a better price?

Thanks

J

all I know if I've seen and like the MK range. is there another brand on the market doing similar design for a better price?

I take it your a DIYer rather than trade.

I use MK myself unless the customer specifically wanted a different brand or wanted the job done as cheaply as possible.

Next in line I would use Volex.

Personally I look at four things in order. Price, quality of terminals, quanlity of mechanism (switch or MCB) and design appearance.

Customers will often look at design appearance first - hence we have a lot of people who want downlighters over a normal ceiling pendant lamp.

I will say that, in my view, MK has most ugly ceiling pull switch in the world.

DIYer. I saw screwfix had them doubles at £3 when I first priced up. didnt know how could of a price that was.

Just looking for save on an already very tight budget :p

DIYer. I saw screwfix had them doubles at £3 when I first priced up. didnt know how could of a price that was.

Just looking for save on an already very tight budget :p

I have just looked at that site and with vat it works out at £2.99 each - which is cheap compared to screwfix. But remember to add postage.

Thanks guys, I missed 40 twins on ebay that were an an exceptional price.
t2588791.jpg

Ashley are another brand worth considering, available from CEF if you have one near you, and more than likely other places.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back