Electricfix

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I'm currently having a re-wire done by a friend of mine who works for a large electrical contractor, he has told me to get the materials from electicfix part of screwfix.

I've looked at there brochure and they seem incredibly cheap, am I right in thinking that this is electricians only ??

Sponsored Links
Why isn't he supplying materials?
Yes Electricfix is for qualified sparks only. You can get the same parts from Screwfix but you will pay a bit more.
Ps. Don't forget the Electricfix prices are ex vat.

Thanks Sparks !

I've just spoke to someone on another forum he said around 20% dearer at screwfix.

But the prices seem really cheap I looked at lap chrome sockets they we around £16 FOR A PACK OF 5

Even + 20% and vat it still seems cheap to me !

Are LAP make are they any good ? I presume cheap and cheerful ?

:D :D

Those sockets are clearance items, so won't be available for much longer.
The problem being in a month or two when when you need a few more to match existing ones and can't get them any more.

LAP is a Screwfix own brand, so won't be available anywhere else. Same as the Titan power tools, No Nonsense sealants and several others.

Sponsored Links
If you decide to go for the LAP sockets etc, the quality of them isn't bad. I have certainly come across worse!

We also get Plumbfix prices too, if you want to sign up you need to take your electrical or plumbing qualification certificates into a Screwfix branch and they sign you up.

They charge more to people doing DIY because they can.

They may also get more returns from DIYers. Personally I always get more then what I need from them and return what I don’t use. Someone in the trade is more likely to keep spares in the van for the next job.

You can usually fine better prices for cables. Other stuff seems to be comparable.

Still cheaper than normal Screwfix, B&Q or Homebase (in order of extortionate price inflation).

The idea is to give the real tradesman a better price over what the public can get things.
The idea of giving people who buy more a bigger discount makes sense, but saying that you need to be qualified to be allowed to buy anything, at any price?

Bit like the electrical wholesalers.
If I walk into an electrical wholesaler, or a plumbing one, or a fixings one, or whatever, I'm not going to get as good a price as a tradesman because I'm not going to put anything like the same volume of business their way.

And are tradesmen really going to look favourably on them because of their policy, and buy from them even if they are uncompetitive with wholesalers who do sell to Joe Public?

Can't help wondering if it's a device to stop them counting as retailers, therefore relieving them of the responsibilities a retailer has.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back