Electrician cost - Extension

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya

doing an extension on back of house very soon now,

not a massive one, but containing 1 x kitchen 1 x dinning room and master bedroom.

I am sussing out cost for electrics, anyone got an idea of how much an electricain would cost to do this with just general fittings? :?:

MOD

see item 9

Sponsored Links
ignoring the ettiquete of the site, even if we were allowed to discuss cost, it is a very variable thing, from hundreds to thousands of pounds depending on what is already there, the geometry of the building and after that local labour rates and so on are not fixed. Use the yellow pages, and make few calls tonight, and get a few to walk through it - this will be much more precise.

I only was after a rough guide, why is that against the forums law?

MOD

god(admin) say so i dont make the rules

Sponsored Links
If you're just having a shell built and managing the fit-out yourself then you are in for a long ride. It can be a rewarding experience when you're finished but you're sure to gain a few grey hairs in the process. 3 rooms sounds like a fairly sizeable extension too.

This is a great place to ask specific questions but general ones like yours are better answered by studying texts on the subject long and hard. Certainly project managing is something that needs lots of research.

You could do a lost worse than get a subscription/back-issues to Homebuilding and Renovation. They have a series running on working with each of the trades. In June it was plumbers and I have a sneaky feeling this month is Electricians but I can't find my copy at the mo. They show typical costs applied at a whole house level but you can pro-rota.

At the end of the day though it's not like you're just getting some rough ideas down to see if the project is viable. You're going for it so ultimately the only satisfactory thing to do is to get some real estimates now.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back