Electrician documentation

It would be better if the register website provided a photo and the engineer's (sic) number (as I think the GasSafe register does). Instead it only shows the company name, address and email.
That wouldn't be possible because the NICEIC enrols enterprises (companies) and not individuals. I would suggest employing Approved Contractors rather than Domestic Installers though as there is a much, much more rigorous assessment process for the Approved Contractor Scheme including all aspects of electrical installation work (and not merely domestic electrical installation work).

Sponsored Links
I don’t see an identity issue at all. Contact the electrician using the details on the NICEIC database. Use my link above.
This gives you phone number and address. Use those contact details. Write a letter. It only becomes an issue if he/she comes back and says that they didn’t carry out the work.

I don’t see an identity issue at all. Contact the electrician using the details on the NICEIC database. Use my link above. This gives you phone number and address. Use those contact details. Write a letter. It only becomes an issue if he/she comes back and says that they didn’t carry out the work.
As I said, the OP appears to have exchanged e-mails with the electrician about the work concerned - so, as I said, IF the e-mail address used for that was the same one as in the NICIEC database, then I would say that there was no identity issue.

If the e-mail address was not the same as the one NICIEC has, then what you say would applyt.

Kind Regards, John

Further, if the OP has seen the guy doing the work and it corresponds to his photo on the website...

Sponsored Links
RB also said:
For what it's worth he is also listed on MyBuilder (with a photo of him) and CheckATrade (who claim to have verified his insurance and ID).

Well, whatever.

But if he is really a member of NICEIC, and he has really done this:

upload_2018-1-21_23-21-36.png

then they really should really chuck him out with no delay and no appeal.

[SAFETY]Breath-holding not advised.[/ADVICE]

Last edited:
Oh - and for the avoidance of any doubt - yes, I do state that any EIC he issued was fraudulent, because yes, I do state that that did not constitute good workmanship.

Oh boo, ENTER key is sticking. Lets see what it does now. And try again....
Oh - and for the avoidance of any doubt - yes, I do state that any EIC he issued was fraudulent, because yes, I do state that that did not constitute good workmanship.

Quite agree- the workmanship shown is not acceptable from anyone who is being paid as an electrician. BUT (playing devils advocate here)

The cabling really shouldn't be flapping about in the breeze but it is in a location where it is unlikely to cause a hazard or get damaged.

The sockets should be fixed to something but again they are in a location where accidental damage of any sort is unlikely to occur.

So in terms of how bad is the job- it is utterly rubbish but not particularly dangerous or life-threatening. I'm sure there are many worse bodges hidden under and behind kitchen units up and down the country- at least he has used a plug and socket rather than a lump of terminal block wrapped in a carrier bag :).

I'm not trying to defend this character's work, by the way- just pointing out that due to the location it is rubbish work rather than dangerous work.

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back