Electrician incapacitated mid way through job

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We are currently doing a major refurb/extension on our bungalow, extension and putting on a second floor. Its basically a rebuild using only the current walls!

The problem I have is the first floor has been wired, a lot of the walls plastered and its mostly second fitted. This morning the chap who's doing it had a major car accident and (if he pulls through) will likely require months of recovery.

What are my options here? If I go the B/C route will they make me expose all wires for them to look at? This could be expensive as I've plastered a number of these rooms.

Anyone got any creative ideas?

Sponsored Links
If I go the B/C route will they make me expose all wires for them to look at?
Probably not, but you should contact them and find out what they want from whoever completes the work.
Presumably they are already involved for the rest of the construction work?

Maybe you could contact the electrician's family, he probably has an electrician mate who would be prepared to carry on with the work.

Maybe you could contact the electrician's family, he probably has an electrician mate who would be prepared to carry on with the work.
(n)be careful,to be honest the last thing they'll want to think about is work stuff at this time!

Sponsored Links
be careful,to be honest the last thing they'll want to think about is work stuff at this time!

Actually not a problem - his brother is doing the plumbing and will be aware of the potential issue - I've been talking with him all day.

Latest news is very bad. If he does pull through it will be months before he's well enough to continue. I am obviously very concerned for him and at the same time concerned that my project will progress into winter with heating or electric.

FYI - This was the accident:- http://www.wscountytimes.co.uk/news...o-hospital-after-loxwood-lake-crash-1-8077478

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back