Electrician work in Dublin help!!?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello there people this is my very first comment on here, so hello everyone!:)

I am from scotland and i have just qualified as an electrician, and my hopes and dreams are to move to Dublin next year and i am wondering as anyone gone about this or had experience in something like this?

and do u go about finding work in Dublin are they still in demand over there, and how can i further my experience in electrical trade cause i was seeing there is loads of jobs about maintenance electricians in dublin at food processing factorys etc

anyhelp with this would be much appreatiated!!

kevin mcbeath

Sponsored Links
I don't know about factory maintenance jobs, but I know that the building trade is on it's bottom (sites shut everywhere). This has inevitably had a knock on effect as all those guys that were on site are now looking for work where ever they can find it.

Personally I would leave it a few years, wait for the dust to settle.

The reason I know is, my in-laws are Irish and live about an hour away from Dublin, they are all in building trades (ground works, brickies, carpenters & sparks) I think that only 3 of them have a job at the moment and that is only maintenance work or closing up buildings.

and what do u recommend would be the best approach 2 this situation where there is no work as electricians what do u do about getting a job en??

Sponsored Links
Apply to the local supermarket, job center, whatever.

When there is no work, you have to do whatever you can to pay the bills really.

Life is like that sometimes. :(

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back