Electricity Prices

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Is there a site where you can find the cost per Kilowatt hour of the major companies. Most of the sites are full of green cr#p all I want to know is how much they charge. Thanks

Sponsored Links
that's good!

I just checked mine again (I'm with Atlantic for Gas and BG for Electricity) the cheapest Gas they offer is 3% HIGHER than I currently pay, but BG have brought out a different scheme to the one they sold me last time, which is 9% cheaper than I currently pay. The crooks didn't offer me that price :mad: they must have correctly assumed that I'd be to lazy to check so I'll switch again.

Just shows you have to keep an eye on these people.

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Thanks for the link John, I just changed to Scottish Power with a projected saving of £124 :D

i personaly would reduce you expectations to nearer a £60 savings especialy if you have switched before

i have switched 5 times the first switch great savings as it was seperates pay the bills when the reninder comes in to duel fuel d/debit with scottish power

then to powergen on line expected savings was 20% of "quoted" at about a tenner per year :eek: ;)

things like price reductions in the pipe line effect the outcome

Incidently, on the switching theme.... I take my dad out for a pint on a Wednesday and a Saturday. We've just switched pubs - doing so saves us each about £450 a year cause the ale is cheaper. :eek:

gcol said:
Incidently, on the switching theme.... I take my dad out for a pint on a Wednesday and a Saturday. We've just switched pubs - doing so saves us each about £450 a year cause the ale is cheaper. :eek:

if your saving say 50p a pint thats 900 pints a year ;)

900 pints each

at two days a week

more than 8 pints each time

better buy some bigger trousers.

JohnD said:
900 pints each

at two days a week

more than 8 pints each time

better buy some bigger trousers.

or stop bying rounds for the whole pub :D ;)

1 pint of larger + 1 pint of bitter in pub A = £4.50
1 pint of larger + 1 pint of bitter in pub B = £3.00

Saving per round = £1.50

6 rounds/night = £9 saving between the 2 of us or £4.50 each

Twice a week = £9 per person

£9 x 52 weeks = £468 ;)

big-all said:
gcol said:
Thanks for the link John, I just changed to Scottish Power with a projected saving of £124 :D

i personaly would reduce you expectations to nearer a £60 savings especialy if you have switched before

i have switched 5 times the first switch great savings as it was seperates pay the bills when the reninder comes in to duel fuel d/debit with scottish power

then to powergen on line expected savings was 20% of "quoted" at about a tenner per year :eek: ;)

things like price reductions in the pipe line effect the outcome

This is the place -- You really need 'Price updates page' Could be joining a supplier who looks good due to increase in the pipeline...

https://www.ukpower.co.uk/price+updates.asp

========= See what the buggers are making on the gas..

http://www.apxgroup.com/index.php?id=55 Spot prices.
Mid price 30.33 p per therm.

1 therm is approx' 29.307 kW, so they are buying at 1.03p kW selling to us at about 3p kW. I recall Ofgem statement that gas costs were 51% of tariff charged, on that bases we should be paying around 2.02p kW which is 67% of 3p.

Oh, well rejoice in your updated and historical calorific values here :-
http://www.nationalgrid.com/uk/ukgasdata/services/calval/calval.asp

:D :D :D :D :D

In my experience you save by taking gas and electric together and one of their online features (paperless billing etc).

They all end up around the same price in the end tho.

I personally don't like one company as they always seem to charge a lot more than the others and they keep sending me bills when I've never had an account with them, but I won't say who.

I suppose I should be biggin up my company so my shares go up ;)

Sponsored Links
Back