Insurance

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've been thinking about setting up a electrical company to put private work through etc and hopefully in time leave my current job and work for myself full time.

I looked at the fees on the part p website, it looks like it costs £411 a year, is this correct?

Obviously I'd need £2m public liability insurance - how much is this likely to cost per year? (rough figure)

When issueing certificates isn't there another type of insurance I'd need, again how much would I need to be insured for and how much would this (roughly) cost per year.

Im basically looking at domestic work and in time moving into light commercial

Post moved as its not electrical, others may also have an opinion / advice

Sponsored Links
Hello fattony,

You may require indemnity and liability insurance. (Mine is £150 but is discounted )

Certain bodies ie Nappit have discount's with certain brokers. Try calling Clarke Roxburgh Insurance Brokers in Redditch, they are on the ball and quick to respond, ( well they would be !!!! ££££ ).

Hope this is of some help.

Is the indemnity insurance just to cover you when issueing certificates? is there a certian value you need to be covered for?

Its not exactly going to be cheap to set this thing up then is it, part p two lots of insurance policy's before I've even got an ad in the paper

Fattony, yoiu dont say if you haveany qualifications. Insurance companies discount premiums if you can show you are qualified (reduces their risk).

What's on your certificate display this week?

TTC

Sponsored Links
:D

On my certificate this week.........

Just NVQ 2 & 3, planning on doing the 2391 very soon

ODPM also now advises that the honeymoon period is over and you should also have an insurance backed warrenty to cover your work for upto 6 years(not sure if thats what Sparky40 ment by indemnity).

Taylortwocities said:
Any C&G 2360/2330 or 2381?

Yep I think its 2381 Part 1 and 2 would have to look to be 100%. Basically a 3 year apprenticeship

My work is very different, but to give you an idea - my liability insurance is £285 per year and this covers me for £5 million.

fattony said:
Taylortwocities said:
Any C&G 2360/2330 or 2381?

Yep I think its 2381 Part 1 and 2 would have to look to be 100%. Basically a 3 year apprenticeship

2381 is the IEE regulations. not a 3 year apprenticeship

Sponsored Links
Back