Van Insurance

The owners of a caravan park we stayed at last July admitted liability for one of their gardeners smashing the rear windscreen on my Peugeot Partner. Gave me their insurance details etc so I paid the £75 excess until the claim was sorted and got my window fixed. Heard nothing more until I phoned last week to let them know I'd changed my phone number and asked when I was going to get my excess back as they admitted 100% liability. Turns out they had closed the file without my knowledge and said it was classed as a 'No blame' case. This means I will not get my excess refunded and now have a claim lodged on my file.
I've put in a strongly worded appeal to Subrogation to re-open the case, find there is someone to blame and to refund my excess payment. It was the AA by the way. Don't think I'll be renewing with them this year.

Sponsored Links
The owners of a caravan park we stayed at last July admitted liability for one of their gardeners smashing the rear windscreen on my Peugeot Partner. Gave me their insurance details etc so I paid the £75 excess until the claim was sorted and got my window fixed. Heard nothing more until I phoned last week to let them know I'd changed my phone number and asked when I was going to get my excess back as they admitted 100% liability. Turns out they had closed the file without my knowledge and said it was classed as a 'No blame' case. This means I will not get my excess refunded and now have a claim lodged on my file.
I've put in a strongly worded appeal to Subrogation to re-open the case, find there is someone to blame and to refund my excess payment. It was the AA by the way. Don't think I'll be renewing with them this year.

When you fill an insurance claim in, which you believe is not your fault, always put on the form in Large letters...

"I will not accept this claim being settled knock for knock", they will then, not be able to do what they did.

Didn't fill in a form. Just emailed them when we got home with all the details, including photographs of the damage etc, and received an acknowledgement email in return saying they would contact me if they needed any further information. When I spoke to the guy the other day he asked me to send the name of their insurer's, so I sent him a copy of the original email with all the details.

Sponsored Links
Back