Van Insurance

B

Bodd

A couple of years back I got a phone call from someone saying I hit his car with my van that he caught on camera.

All be it after seeing the footage it looked that he had a point but it was not clear.

I offered to pay him direct but he wanted to much.
So we went through the Insurance. I heard nothing on what the decision was. In the mean time my Insurance come up to be renewed. I chose to go elsewhere because I got a cheaper price.

I disclosed this knock as a claim with my new company and again the year after. But I never heard from the original Insurance company and they never ask me for the £250 excess.

Could this be that they did not pay out and I don't have a claim against me?

How could I find out?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Wouldn't you be immediately told by your insurance company if a claim was being made against you?

Last edited by a moderator:
After the year is up, they cannot ask for back payment. Anyway, just ask the new company. The last thing you want is to have new insurance, have an accident and then find you are not covered.

Andy

I disclosed this knock as a claim with my new company and again the year after. But I never heard from the original Insurance company and they never ask me for the £250 excess.
You only pay the excess on your vehicle, not the one you hit.

They (insurance companies) all share records now anyway. Don’t worry.
Last year when taking out cover from a new company I forgot to mention a speeding conviction 4 years earlier. They notified me a couple of days later & adjusted the cost.

They (insurance companies) all share records now anyway. Don’t worry.
Last year when taking out cover from a new company I forgot to mention a speeding conviction 4 years earlier. They notified me a couple of days later & adjusted the cost.

I got a little van for my mate last year. Cost me £1000.00
He insured it and put it in his name.

I gave him a newer van this year and he went to sell the old van. I don't know how but he discovered thst it is a Cat C..... He never declared this as he didn't know
His insurance company still insured him but never mentioned the Cat C

Not really I only have one cat, and he's my Favourite.

Cat C actually stands for Category C. It is used to denote a specific case of car insurance write-off after a vehicle has been damaged. ... Vehicles written off after an accident, a flood, or fire damage are often classified as Cat C.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sponsored Links
Back