Understanding Kwh

Hot and cold fill washing machines rarely used the hot (only for the very hottest wash). No machines mixed hot and cold for cooler washes so no point in hot and cold fill.

My Dyson washing machine uses both Hot and Cold feeds. OK that model is no longer manufactured.

Sponsored Links
My Dyson washing machine uses both Hot and Cold feeds. OK that model is no longer manufactured.
Interesting. As I said, I thought/presumed that they had all stopped doing that (maybe they have now?) - since, as I said, a combination of much reduced water volumes and the fact that many/most dwellings have a significant amount of pipework between source of hot water and machine means that little/no particularly hot water will get to the machine, even if it is connected to a 'hot' supply.

Kind Regards, John

Interesting. As I said, I thought/presumed that they had all stopped doing that (maybe they have now?) - since, as I said, a combination of much reduced water volumes and the fact that many/most dwellings have a significant amount of pipework between source of hot water and machine means that little/no particularly hot water will get to the machine, even if it is connected to a 'hot' supply.

Kind Regards, John

from memory during the heating part off the cycle the consumption was around somthing like 1250-1750w for perhaps 7-9 mins this included brief off on with both motor and heater before reaching 60deg so at 15p a kwh would be perhaps 3 or 4p heating per wash so little or no chance off savings over the machines life time with mixed fill

from memory during the heating part off the cycle the consumption was around somthing like 1250-1750w for perhaps 7-9 mins this included brief off on with both motor and heater before reaching 60deg so at 15p a kwh would be perhaps 3 or 4p heating per wash so little or no chance off savings over the machines life time with mixed fill
Indeed - and, as I've said, the length of pipework between my HW cylinder and WM is such that, even with 'mixed fill', and assuming a fairly modern 'low volume wash' machine), if nothing else had used hot water recently (hence filling pipes with hot water) I doubt that much, if any, hot water would reach my machine even if it did have 'mixed fill'.

Kind Regards, John

Sponsored Links
A hot fill machine might not draw enough hot water ( flow rate ) to be compatible with a combination boiler's hot water system.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back