Electrics in General - Stupid Question

You would still be able to use other systems, as you can now, but I would expect that The Plugs and Sockets etc. (Safety) Regulations 1994 would be changed, and the norm would be the new arrangement.
People will not tolerate not being able to buy new appliances with 1363 plugs on them. The cable colour change did not impact the man on the Clapham omnibus one iota (unless he was an electrician), but a plug & socket change would. Whatever any standards committee may think has technical merit, politicians, no matter what their faults are in other areas, are pretty good at knowing what will fly and what will not.

And Auntie Gladys not being able to have a new toaster unless she has her kitchen rewired is a dodo.

I am sure that changes to our system will come about in the not too distant future. I am not too concerned - changes happen.
Additions may come about. Removals will not.

Sponsored Links
People will not tolerate not being able to buy new appliances with 1363 plugs on them. The cable colour change did not impact the man on the Clapham omnibus one iota (unless he was an electrician), but a plug & socket change would. Whatever any standards committee may think has technical merit, politicians, no matter what their faults are in other areas, are pretty good at knowing what will fly and what will not.

And Auntie Gladys not being able to have a new toaster unless she has her kitchen rewired is a dodo.

Would that be the same politicians that recently signed an extradition agreement with the USA :LOL: .

I started in this industry in 1965 so I have seen plenty of changes - some good, some not.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: :confused:

seems a bit messy,

i wonder if there are any sparks out there who have installed more than one socket outlet circuit using 6mm? or if their first time was also the last due to how awkward it was.

I dont really understand why UK sparks hold the ring-final with such high regard. IMO they are open to abuse and require a bit more effort when testing them.

Someone may choose to down-rate an existing circuit due to installation of insulation at a later date, but why would anybody bother to install a 20A ring? How would that make life easier?

Hi Col,

Do you see what i mean?

If you are going to use standardised circuits which have had design concessions applied because they are deemed to be 'standard', then why try to alter that design? If you wish to depart from this standard, then you have to do your own design/calculations. PITA

:)

happy christmas to everyone, including ban-all-scrooge

Hi COLJACK,

Do you see what i mean now?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back