Electrics Safety Checks

Sponsored Links
The house was left to me and I have no intention of moving in - although my son might be interested as it is near his place of work ;)

It makes sense to me that the house should not be occupied and ideally be clear of furniture etc. which hopefully as you say should reduce time to do the work and reflect in lower cost than an occupied property

In any event the whole property needs redecorating and refurbishing so best to get this type of work done first. I am also intending to get a gas safety check asap just in case :D

That's a bon idee.

Chances are there will be lots of nice lead gas pipes lurking mm benath the floorboards which have been bent over and sealed. Maybe you'll also find some in the breasts where the gas mantles would have been.

Get them all cut off.

The gas to the chimney might still work.

Have a look to see if there are any nipples on the breasts.

Sponsored Links
Don't be bloody silly.

Of course there will be nipples or how else will the gas come out?

Now you are really making me nervous - what is lurking under the floorboards? :eek:

As to the nipples on the breasts I thought that you were referring to my own at first read so I counted them and can report I am normal with the expected total of three :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back