Electrics...sign off!!

If notifying via LABC, I'd suggest not giving them any clue that you've actually started, but just send in the application. Then wait a reasonable time before telling them you're ready for first fix inspection - ie long enough to have actually done the work after applying.
I've never notified standalone electrical work, but I have done submissions for other notifiable stuff, and you have to wait until they come back and say "OK" before you start. (Unless you take the Building Notice route, which costs more and increases your risks, a kind of lose-lose situation.)

On the application you have to describe how you will ensure that the proposed work will comply with the applicable Building Regulations, in this case Part P. Once they agree, you have to stick to that way - there are tales of woe here from people who have done something different to what their LABC agreed to and who found that they could not get their completion certificate.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back