Electronic parking brake failure

Don’t **** about, change it and even if it doesn’t cure it, it will eliminate the battery and give you peace of mind that it’s not going to let you down.

Does the car have stop-start? Was it working when you last used the car?

Sponsored Links
So do you think I should buy a charger and try charging it first before buying a new battery?
Or just buy a new battery?

Sponsored Links
Don’t **** about, change it and even if it doesn’t cure it, it will eliminate the battery and give you peace of mind that it’s not going to let you down.

Does the car have stop-start? Was it working when you last used the car?

I'll get a new battery, there's a place nearby with one in stock.

Cheers

I just tested the battery with a multimeter and it's at 11.79 v
Is that the problem?
Should I buy a charger and try charging it first before buying a new battery?
Should sit around 12.4 to 12.6 so it does sound suspect.
Need to confirm there is not a drain and/or that the charging system is working fully. Could just put a new battery on and hope it cures it (likely) or have the system checked to be sure

Okay so I just fitted a new battery, it's showing 12.47v is that normal for a new battery?

I now have even more error messages showing up!

Attachments

• PXL_20220730_142523120.jpg
    PXL_20220730_142523120.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 39
Just noticed that the battery they sold me is a wet battery but the one I had was an AGM battery, is this a problem?
Also the new battery is 110Ah but my old one was 105Ah

Should I take it back?

Okay so I just fitted a new battery, it's showing 12.47v is that normal for a new battery?

I now have even more error messages showing up!
12.47 is low but acceptable. Should increase to around 12.6 after driving and charging. It has probably sat for a while to be at the lower end of tolerance.

Just noticed that the battery they sold me is a wet battery but the one I had was an AGM battery, is this a problem?
Also the new battery is 110Ah but my old one was 105Ah

Should I take it back?
Yes, if. If the battery type required should be AGM which is what i,d expect in x6

Sponsored Links
Back