Elvox 6200 - Buzzes but can't unlock door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Folks,

Just recently moved into a new flat and after a week had some visitors up, it seems though that my entry phone isn't unlocking downstairs, great for the legs but I'm top floor so not ideal!

Appears to be an Elvox 6200, I can hear the person on the other end and they can hear me (although there's a high pitch whine constantly coming from the handset)

Pressing the key lock button does nothing and I need to constantly nip downstairs to open the main door.

Can someone have a look at the attached and let me know if something seems off? Also took a pic of the outside button panel if it helps

Attachments

• 20230505_172947.jpg
    20230505_172947.jpg
    190.2 KB · Views: 88
  • SmartSelect_20230505_181402_OneDrive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230505_181402_OneDrive.jpg
    397.9 KB · Views: 68
  • SmartSelect_20230505_181417_OneDrive.jpg
    SmartSelect_20230505_181417_OneDrive.jpg
    574.1 KB · Views: 62
  • 20230505_185750.jpg
    20230505_185750.jpg
    645.1 KB · Views: 74
Sponsored Links
All looks ok from pictures ( no7 the white wire being the release wire ) first step would be to ask someone else in your block if they have the same issue , that is a Raytel system and may have a controller …..if you pick up your handset without it being rung do you have audio ? Is so then probably there isn’t a controller ….

All looks ok from pictures ( no7 the white wire being the release wire ) first step would be to ask someone else in your block if they have the same issue , that is a Raytel system and may have a controller …..if you pick up your handset without it being rung do you have audio ? Is so then probably there isn’t a controller ….
Thank you for the reply

I'll attempt to reseat the white wire when I'm up the flat tomorrow, I gave it a light tug and it's in there but maybe needs a better connection

I'll chap the neighbour and see what phone they have tomorrow maybe a good indicator of what was in the house before, good shout

Audio just by lifting the handset so points towards no controller?

The outside panel is Raytel ….and the handset is a product ( elvox ) use on there systems , so all looks as it should be , just check the white wire hasn’t been connected on the outer insulation , yes audio will probably confirm no controller …

Sponsored Links
The outside panel is Raytel ….and the handset is a product ( elvox ) use on there systems , so all looks as it should be , just check the white wire hasn’t been connected on the outer insulation , yes audio will probably confirm no controller …
I gave the button contact a scrape and it's making a connection and opening the door now but another fault has appeared...

It's now not ringing on the handset end, tested buzzing the neighbour and that works but radio silence on both ends for us now

Ok if you have blown a fuse in the controller fitting a new handset isn’t going to rectify your issue ….did you do the checks I asked you to start to find out if it may have a controller ? Or checked if the speaker is blown ? Multimeter on ohms setting ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back