Email question - (She/Her)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if I sound like a dinosaur but what does it mean in an email signature after a name that is a female sounding name when it has this - (She/Her). I’ve never seen it before - is it a new thing? Should I be having (He/Him) after mine?

Sponsored Links
I will issue a full apology to she/her if I'm wrong... But I suspect it's pc bullshit to indicate that she refuses to be pigeon-holed by a gender specific status such as Miss/Ms/Mrs. Reply, 'Dear Madam', and offer to visit her she or it on the stroke ward. That's where she'll be shortly after reading it.:D

I see this a lot on Twitter. Weird.
I don't get it either. They don't want to pigeon hole themselves by gender, but then, write him/he she/her on everything.

I believe it is a handy tip so you know how to to them rather than they/them - also good for triggering people who like to get upset about things which have no impact on their life

Sponsored Links
Just email/write to her back and address it: Love, Hon, Babe, Darling or even Female/Woman.

Let us know how you got on.

Andy

With names like Jo it can be misunderstood regarding gender. I was once in a business communication with someone I thought was a bloke, (George).
One day I got a phone call from George and it turns out he/she was female called Georgina but preferred George or Georgie. Bit embarrassing on my side until she said it's her fault because in written form she should use Georgina or Georgie, which almost everyone associates with a female name.
Personally if there's any chance of mistake I'm quite happy to accept Miss, Mrs, Ms, Mr or Master before a name.

Currently, there is a fashion for people to choose their own "gender" so even if you know they are a man, they might prefer to be a "she," so they need to tell you their current preference.

There was a time (probably dating from the days when most business principals were male) when letters would be signed

E.F.Trimble (Mrs)

A friend in the rag trade told me that when writing to couturiers or the dress businesses, it is customary to write "Dear Madam" rather than "Dear Sir" in letters when you aren't addressing someone by name.

Gender pronouns are a way of trying to make non Cis people feel "normal". The idea is that you provide guidance on how you want to be referred to. Motorbiking (they/them) for example.

Should I be having (He/Him) after mine?
You seem to have a repeated erroneous gender issue replying to people on here for your own personal reasons, so why are you bothered?

Why not just sign the email (g)it?

Last edited:
There was a time (probably dating from the days when most business principals were male) when letters would be signed

E.F.Trimble (Mrs)
Theres a time now when some internet forum posts should be signed

Yours, triggered ranter who likes to get upset about things which have no impact on his life and who will not let it go, Crossgates.

You do know that you can change the colour of your posts to green, dont you?

You seem to have a repeated erroneous gender issue replying to people on here for your own personal reasons, so why are you bothered?
Because he prizes stagnant, oppressive attitudes to, and ridiculing of, things which he does not understand and does not want to understand.

Some people are like that.

Do you now, Ive even encountered people here who are opposed to life saving vaccines who ridicule those who arent - unbelievable, isnt it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back