Emergency Pond Power

That's 33kW each. You can get reliable diesel generators at a lot less than that?

Sponsored Links
The kubota J-series generators do look to be well made and with a small diesel engine and if I lived down under then it would not be a problem.

gl6500s.jpg

However in UK finding a good quality small diesel generator seems to be a problem.

Although the Lister/Petter large single cylinder engines run for years the smaller high revving versions don't seem to last. And the larger type are air cooled so needing a lot of ducting and mounting is also a problem as no balance shaft and they seem to want to break lose and wander! OK on a wood base they do a grand job at 1500 rpm but not seen new for sale in years!

And of course one wants to be able to buy spares for years to come so need to buy something mass produced to ensure spares supply.

So the Beta and Isuzu diesel engines seem to have cornered market.

Auto swap over not needed. Can go for a few hours sans power. There are always folks around and I have a system that txts me if the power goes or water leaks. Also While I'm at work the Landy aint there!

Landy has expedition fuel tank on top of normal one, so 200 litres onboard. It doesn't need filling very often, but its a visit to the bank manager each time it does 8-( Anyway we are inside M25 and power cuts are not common or long lasting. I'm just planning for the worst

He as a system that texts him if the pond power goes off or it leaks water :rolleyes:

Surely then one would have people to make sure ones fish are not left to chill................ my nan knits a lovely line in pet warmers perhaps you can have one of your people contact her on the off chance

Sponsored Links
He as a system that texts him if the pond power goes off or it leaks water :rolleyes:

Surely then one would have people to make sure ones fish are not left to chill................ my nan knits a lovely line in pet warmers perhaps you can have one of your people contact her on the off chance

£25 PIC programming kit from Maplins, some soldering. An ancient Nokia and a PAYG SIM. Easy

As for Idling the landy. Land Rover say its fine for the odd accasion. Main problem is TD5 runs too cold when stationary, so glow plugs kick in. Sheet of cardboard by rad fixes that as fan is viscous not electric

yea BAN didnt give me the read the books lecture, but still proved he is a grumpy old man

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back