Emoticons skip to the end of my post.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I use FF 3.5.7. When I post in this forum (all sections ie General Discussion, Plumbing etc), and want to include an Emoticon and/or use the BOLD, QUOTE, UNDERLINE etc facilities, the Emoticon and/or Bold, quote, etc characters always jump to the end of my post when I add them into the main body of my post ie if i go back over the post and add something into the main text area. It's not a massive problem but I'd be glad to solve it. I never had the problem when I used IE by the way and I've had it will all versions of FF. Any ideas?

Sponsored Links
It does on this forum, I cannot explain it.

But if you are typing and want to make a bit of the text bold or italic or underlined, click on the B i or u symbol before typing and then click on close tags when you want the addition to stop.

Or do as Al does and paste the tag in after you have finnished your message.
The other alternative is to type the tag name and enclose it with square brackets [ ] the to end the formatting repeat the but use the / before the tag name to signify close and also enclose that in [ ]

starts bold type
ends bold type

The same goes for i, u, Quote, Img, URL etc.

same here but i just do what you do copy and paste ;)

It does on this forum, I cannot explain it.

But if you are typing and want to make a bit of the text bold or italic or underlined, click on the B i or u symbol before typing and then click on close tags when you want the addition to stop.

Or do as Al does and paste the tag in after you have finnished your message.
The other alternative is to type the tag name and enclose it with square brackets [ ] the to end the formatting repeat the but use the / before the tag name to signify close and also enclose that in [ ]

starts bold type
ends bold type

The same goes for i, u, Quote, Img, URL etc.
Yep that's what I do Dave/BA, just thought there might be a solution. Oh well, thanks anyway lads.

Sponsored Links
Have been using these for some time ...
For Opera
http://operawiki.info/BbCode
It is ok and a user can, with a little research, edit one's own controls...

For FireFox
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/128

They are added to 'Right Click' 'Context Menu'

Why not install FF, Opera and IE browsers? Keep one as default use others from time to time, find which really suites your style.

All been covered before hereabouts. BBCode is the word. Appears on the lower left of this page as I type.

See :- //www.diynot.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=944236#944236

Emoticons - When using 'post edit or create' hover over icon required look at browser status bar...
See the text required eyes rolling (Bold text not required) : roll : without spaces like this :roll: => :rolleyes:

Quote reveals how to manipulate ;)

-0-

I've now got that problem again!! It's been fine for me but I was having a problem with Windows Live Messenger, got that fixed (with a fix) and now I'm back to smilies going to the end of posts on here.

And the Add-on isn't working!

Testing

It seems to be working for me

If it has stopped working because of that fix for Live Messenger, try uninstalling the Addon and restart Firefox then install it again.

dave

I uninstalled the add=on - didn't work. Uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled back to version 3.0 and accompanying Yahoo toolbar.

It's not the BB code that's the problem, it's if you decide to go back in your post and add a smilie, it doesn't appear where you want it - it goes to the end of the post. :eek: :eek: :eek: Like I tried to put these ones at the end of the first sentence but they went to the end of the sentence I'd typed, which was the one before this, if that makes sense!

Think I've got it. :idea:

If you go back, after typing a sentence and want to put a smilie earlier in the message, left click where you want it then right click to select BB coding and selct your smilie. Just done it and put the 'idea' smilie where it is.

dave

Hang on till I try it. :D

Firefox is ace but sometimes there are little blips that are bloomin annoying

That worked - bit of a pain though innit?

Aw hell, we just need to remember to put smilies in where we want them instead of changing our minds.

You get one problem sorted and some other thing rears its' ugly head.

I uninstalled the add=on - didn't work. Uninstalled Firefox and reinstalled back to version 3.0 and accompanying Yahoo toolbar.

It's not the BB code that's the problem, it's if you decide to go back in your post and add a smilie, it doesn't appear where you want it - it goes to the end of the post. :eek: :eek: :eek: Like I tried to put these ones at the end of the first sentence but they went to the end of the sentence I'd typed, which was the one before this, if that makes sense!

You have hi-jacked the thread... See the initial post...
B said:
...and want to include an Emoticon and/or use the BOLD, QUOTE, UNDERLINE etc facilities, the Emoticon and/or Bold, quote, etc characters always jump to the end of my post...

Why ditch? there is usually something that one or the other browser does better than another... Nice to have a play with the major players.

:D

just use the icons / commands and then just pick up the bit you want and put it where you need it each command will automatically be put at the end like this bold

then if you move the [b} and the [/b} changed the bracket to show it
from the bottom you can put it where you like
hope that makes sense

[b}[u}[i}{/i]{/u]{/b] would give you bold underlined italic like this

Sponsored Links
Back