EMOTICONS

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody tell me a good site where I can download smilies and emoticons.
I downloaded some yesterday but they came with a toolbar and other stuff such as advertising and spam.
Needless to say they were deleted :evil:

Many thanks+

Sponsored Links
Your best bet is to look around at other forums
eek.gif
and right click and 'save as' any that take your fancy.

I'm not good at this sort of thing...

When I right click on your emoticon, MMJ, the only options available are "save picture". Saving results in a .gif file but of course this doesn't have the animation. How do you do it and what is the file type?

Sponsored Links
When you right click and save the file, it does save it correctly. I suspect that when you are viewing the saved file, it is using a default browser like photo editor, which does not support animated GIFFS.

When you have saved the file to your disk, right click on it's name and from the menu, select 'open with' and then select Internet Explorer. You should see a page with the animated GIFF displayed correctly.

The main problem is that the file is now local to you and has no real Web address, unlike the original image posted by mmj. What he has done is create a link to the emoticon, which can be resolved because it is web based. (right click on emoticon in the post and select properties to see where the link takes you). If you have your own website, you could 'host' the emoticons on there, which would make them available.

Maybe worth addressing it to the mods to see if they can offer a emoticon customisation service.

eek.gif

Sponsored Links
Back