En-suite flooring options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In the process of refurbing our en-suite and am looking at my options for flooring.
I have included a picture of the floor in it's present state as I feel that this will influence the possibilities.

The floor is currently ceramic tiles onto chipboard floor as can be seen in the photo, the area which I have exposed by removing the shower tray is the uncovered chipboard and the rest is tiled .

My first preference would be to use Quicktep LVT which we have already got in the kitchen and main bathroom but I am unsure of the best way to prepare for this - should I leave the existing tiles in place, put down some self levelling compound and lay the LVT on top or should I remove the tiles first?

I am concerned that if I try and remove the tiles I will be left with a very uneven surface due to cement residue etc on the chipboard and I am unsure of the best way to overcome this.

My second option would be to lay new ceramic tiles over the existing ones (or after removing the existing tiles?) but again I am unsure of what problems I will letting myself in for if I try to do this.

I would appreciate any advice and guidance - thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1497.JPG
    IMG_1497.JPG
    505.5 KB · Views: 141
Sponsored Links
Good quality floor tiles on a flat plywood base look best IMO with the best quality wall tiles and suite you can afford.

Blup

Take up the ceramics and ply out with 9mm if you want to fit the lvt on top.
If floor height isn't a concern then providing your existing tiles are solid then you could flow over it with a fibre based screed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back