1. Visiting from the US? Why not try DIYnot.US instead? Click here to continue to DIYnot.US.
    Dismiss Notice

Enamel repair oven mounting edge

Discussion in 'Appliances' started by mpaxton78, 25 Aug 2020.

1. mpaxton78

mpaxton78

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Does anyone know of a good product for repairing the enamel where an integrated oven mounts to the unit?

I bought an ex-display unit and someone has managed to damage it in the process of removal

Enamel is a gloss grey and I don't need much but not sure which products are suitable and not too expensive for the job

2. Sponsored Links
  3. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Car touch up paint?

4. jj4091

jj4091

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
  5. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I used car touch up paint, lucky cooker black and car also black. Hammerite paint do some heat resistant paints. Also radiator paints.

6. Harry Bloomfield

Harry Bloomfield

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    I once bought some, but couldn't work out its purpose, its reason to be. Ordinary paint works just fine on radiators.

7. ericmark

ericmark

Thanks Received:
    United Kingdom
    Standard oil based paint tends to go yellow on radiators, clearly radiators should be painted mat black, and the Myson fan assisted radiator is painted mat black but since inside a box you can't see the colour, main reason to paint radiators is rust, so rust curing paint like Hammerite range would be best, and the hammer effect hides the rust better.

However to paint a new cooker, you really want a paint which dries thin so you can see where used, and car paint does that, as new the panels are power coated and the paint is baked on, so can never be like new.

8. DIYnot Local

DIYnot Local

United Kingdom

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

9. Sponsored Links