Enclosing open front porch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have an open undercover porch area (see photos) which I am considering closing and having it as a proper internal porch with a front door.

I am not sure what this would involve, I am in the very early planning stages and I guess i'm just after a bit of advice on what the job would involve, costs etc ...

Cheers

Sponsored Links
Err, your photos didn't post successfully mate, could you re-try?

Sponsored Links
Your photos are fine this time.
Tell me, is the porch return wall (left side of photo) a single skin add on to the house build, or cavity say, as per the house itself?
With that width of opening you could have a door and side screen! Now if the answer to the wall thickness is yes, this would predispose that the the original founds are suitable, my best guess would be that if that's so the builder would have poured the same thickness for found and porch slab. You can check the found under the porch wall (remember left hand side of photo) by digging a hole and exposing for a look-see, hard work I'm afraid, then post the results with detail pics.
If I'm right the job has become a whole lot easier, good luck...pinenot :)

This seems very much similar to my current project. I'm going to have to check the footings this weekend and then build 2/3 courses of bricks upto dpm level. a small pour of concrete to bring porch level up to hall way height.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back