Enclosure for contactors

Sponsored Links
I was thinking of a CU enclosure but all the ones I found had a main switch which I don't need.
The contactors you have linked to are presumably designed to fit in CUs as they are the same shape as MCBs, the way Bernard had used relays in a CU enclosure had not occurred to me.

In fact having had another look at your pic Bernard, I don't like the exposed terminal screws, I assume you made arrangements to cover them.

I don't like the exposed terminal screws,

A agree it looks dodgy but ....

The angle of the camera doesn't show that the front surface of the relay socket is about 10 mm behind the aperture of the enclosure so accidental contact with the surface of the relay is unlikely. Then the head of the terminal screw is recessed 3 mm below the surface of the socket so it is 99% impossible for a finger to make contact with the head of the screw.

Then there is the lid of the enclosure as the first line of defence.

I assume you made arrangements to cover them

I did think about a strip of insulating material to reduce the size of the aperture to cover the terminals but a risk assessment suggested it was not essential

Sponsored Links
A agree it looks dodgy but ....

The angle of the camera doesn't show that the front surface of the relay socket is about 10 mm behind the aperture of the enclosure so accidental contact with the surface of the relay is unlikely. Then the head of the terminal screw is recessed 3 mm below the surface of the socket so it is 99% impossible for a finger to make contact with the head of the screw.

Then there is the lid of the enclosure as the first line of defence.

I did think about a strip of insulating material to reduce the size of the aperture to cover the terminals but a risk assessment suggested it was not essential
Having fitted many thousands of them I know the products intimately however I wouldn't have left it like that, particularly if there is any mains wiring on the contacts .
Shame the relays are so tall, at least filling the slot with blanks would have helped.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back