Energy Efficient Lighting

Sponsored Links
It is indeed a daft consequence of part L. However, I'd suggest you might as well do what ever the building control officer will accept as 'minimum' and then change it to whatever you like the look of after the completion certificate is signed . No one will know or care. The big problem is not total lumens, with which standards people are fixated, but colour balance - to work on anything delicate (like electronics repair, or even, I'm told, sewing) requires much more light if the light quality is un-natural i.e. non-black body spectrum. In practice most compact fluroescents 'spoof' white with no more than 3 phosphors, and this gives a very poor colour rendering. A filament lamp plus blue filter will give much better workability for fewer lumens, and less tired eye problems..
If you heat with electricity energy saving bulbs are a waste of time anyway - all you do is alter the duty cycle of the thermostat fractionally, and add poisonous metals and rare earth oxides to the land fill, where otherwise would have been only silica and tungsten. But I don't make the rules and neither does your inspector so be nice to him.

What stops you putting in TWO lights per room - one metre apart - and ONE of them is an energy saver unit?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back