Energy Efficient Light Fittings

if its worth saying its worth saying twice Sofus :D

but L2 refers to non-dwellings - is there something similar to that in L1

Its clearly in the approved document which is one way of complying with the regs but not essential if you can show youve complied in another way. So the alternative is to show how your gonna comply with the reg. (maybe powering your lighting by photovoltaics would be one way?)

Just putting in standard fittings and saying 'well I think its reasonable' aint gonna get you very far. If youve got a good argument you may have to take it through to a determination.

Who writes the approved documents anyway?

Sponsored Links
BOB NUTS said:
if its worth saying its worth saying twice Sofus :D

but L2 refers to non-dwellings - is there something similar to that in L1
PART L CONSERVATION OF FUEL AND POWER

Dwellings
L1

Reasonable provision shall be made for the conservation of fuel and power in dwellings by—

(c) providing lighting systems with appropriate
lamps and sufficient controls so that energy can
be used efficiently;

So no definition of "efficiency", and no requirement, even implied, that you have to fit luminaires which only accept low-energy lamps.

If you fit luminaires, and install CFL lamps, then you have provided efficient lighting.

If the homeowner later replaces the lamps then how can that be anything to do with you, any more than it is anything to do with any builder if a homeowner later does things that undo his originally compliant work?

Just putting in standard fittings and saying 'well I think its reasonable' aint gonna get you very far.
The law doesn't even require that your measures be "reasonable".

If youve got a good argument you may have to take it through to a determination.
Seems to me that saying "Please show me where the law says that" should be pretty convincing.

ban-all-sheds said:
PART L CONSERVATION OF FUEL AND POWER

Dwellings
L1

REASONABLE provision shall be made for the conservation of fuel and power in dwellings by—

(c) providing lighting systems with appropriate
lamps and sufficient controls so that energy can
be used efficiently;

ban-all-sheds said:
The law doesn't even require that your measures be "reasonable"..

apart from the begining bit of L1 that says reasonable

ban-all-sheds said:
If youve got a good argument you may have to take it through to a determination.
Seems to me that saying "Please show me where the law says that" should be pretty convincing.

behave - thats not even slightly convincing - its much more comical :LOL:

Sponsored Links
BOB NUTS said:
apart from the begining bit of L1 that says reasonable
Oh FFS - what am I like.
tontopallus.gif

I'll get my coat, if I can find it...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back