Engineered wood sander

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all - I’ve got a living room with engineered oak flooring that the previous owners put down. It’s a little scratched in places and the finish has yellowed. I’m considering trying to sand and finish myself as the worse that can happen is I have to replace it.
It’s a 6mm veneer which is apparently ample to sand but the only videos I can find are Americans who have a multi head orbital sander and the only ones I can find to hire near me are the standard floor sanders with the large spinning belt drum (and a separate orbital edging sander). Does anyone know if the drum floor sander would be okay on an engineered wood veneer or have any other recommendations for the best sander?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Avoid the drum type sanders. It is far too easy to end up with steps on the flooring with them unless you really know what you are doing.

How big is the floor and how deep are the scratches?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back