Ensuite waste

Softus said:
Hopper :idea:

images

thats a flowerpot yer wazuk :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Yes thats what Ive got, but mine looks smaller than that and its made of metal. Is this one from Screwfix bigger than the old ones?

How would the water from the sewer ever get as high as the toilet, when it gets above ground level wont it leak out everywhere rather gan go up a small pipe?

Sponsored Links
Ok seeing as you seem to be confused I took a photo when I got home from work. Sorry the photo isnt very good, but I took it with my phone and it was getting dark :D

You can see the hopper at the top, and where I put the pipe into it. The pipe comes through the ceiling into a cupboard in the kids bedroom and out of the wall.

06-02-07_1654.jpg

So can anyone help me how can I make this drain quicker when it raining?

Thanks

John

Maybe I'm missing something, but shouldn't the rainwater and foul water be going into different drains?

PMSL. I've just spotted this. Har har de har har. Tradesmen beware, the diy man cometh. I'd love to comment further but it has been suggested elsewhere that I'm no good at advising novices. That pic has brightened my day.

If your local BCO sees that you are liable to a hefty fine :(

You need to have a new soil pipe fitted joining the existing sewers which will have to be approved by the council,

Expect to pay upwards of £500 to get the job up to spec ;)

Looking at the pic again, isn't the toilet pipe a little bit too high :?: :LOL:

We've all been had fellas.

Early April Fools Joke :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bahco said:
Looking at the pic again, isn't the toilet pipe a little bit too high :?: :LOL:

We've all been had fellas.

Early April Fools Joke :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

john_nicholls said:
The pipe comes through the ceiling into a cupboard in the kids bedroom and out of the wall.

From that quote and the pic, I reckon it's a loft conversion.

Been watching this thread unravel all day, hoping against hope that it wasn't going to look like that :D

Edit: and john - your original problem of the hopper filling up when it's raining suggests that your downpipe is blocked with Something. If you're lucky it'll be leaves... if you're unlucky it'll be the output from your toilet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back