Ensuite waste

Look guys Im still not understanding what I've done wrong. I've taken a pipe out of the wall into the main pipe which goes down underground into the sewers. All my problem is that I dont think the hopper is big enogh?

I ran the pipe in plastic from the toilet outside, I asked in Wickes and they told me 110mm pipe, its all standard size. The toilet is in my bedroom in the loft where I had to move it because we've just had our second little girl and there was no space left downstairs!

Sponsored Links
just fall the gutter the other way on the lower roof and put in a new downpipe :rolleyes: and install a saniflo on a shelf outside so it chops the Richard111`s and the slurry will go down the hopper fine...............I got the idea while looking @ the sani. pipework here in the Victorian secure unit :evil: :p

John,

I think the humour has eminated from the fact that you have put your soil water (from the toilet) into a grey water drain (meant for bath water, sinks and gutters). Toilets have to go into a soil stack, which is not open to the elements like the set up you have. If your local council come round to inspect your handiwork, you are in for a hefty *******ing.

Take the toilet out and reposition it above your current bathroom toilet, then pipe it into the soil stack that should be directly outside the wall behind the current toilet.

(that is, unless this really is a wind up...)

Well I thought that would be the best idea but the bathroom is in the room on the left of the photo so i can't take the pipe down there and the drain is on the other wall.

I looked at these Saniflow's, but they cost a lot, and I'm doing this on a budget. Kids are expensive things to run!

Is there any plumbers on here who can come and have a look for me for free? I dont really want to pay someone to do a job I can do (but I am now thinking maybe I should have got some help).

Thanks

John

Sponsored Links
DIY - 1 step forward, 3 steps back - gutt(er)ed for you. My father is a corgi registered plumber so Ill ask his advice and post to you when he arrives on the weekend.

I'm a bit worried now about this. Should I call the council and ask them for their advice, or will they just fine me? If the pipes go into the sewer below ground can I join them up without the hopper and make it sealed, would that be ok?

Here is a picture of my bedroom, I just took it now I'm home.

07-02-07_1662.jpg

Thanks

John

john_nicholls said:
Look guys Im still not understanding what I've done wrong.
That's because you haven't the first clue about the regulations that govern what you're doing, and you didn't take the trouble to take advice first.

You seem to have ignored my previous question, so I'll ask you again: did you consider what would happen if there was a blockage in the underground drain, and you flushed the highest toilet enough times to fill the soil pipe?

jgsmuzzy said:
Take the toilet out and reposition it above your current bathroom toilet, then pipe it into the soil stack that should be directly outside the wall behind the current toilet.
john_nicholls said:
Well I thought that would be the best idea but...
... but still you didn't do what seemed best. :rolleyes:

I looked at these Saniflow's, but they cost a lot, and I'm doing this on a budget. Kids are expensive things to run!
Yeah - most of us have kids, but none of us do what you've done.

Is there any plumbers on here who can come and have a look for me for free?
You are really taking the p*ss.

I dont really want to pay someone to do a job I can do
But that's the crux of the whole thing - you can't do it. :rolleyes:

I cant afford to take advice!

I cant believe that the pipe would fill up to the level of the toilet if there was a blockage, it would all just leak out of the drain cover!

I'm not taking the ****, I just dont have the money to pay what plumbers charge! What are they, £100 an hour these days? :eek:

John

john_nicholls said:
I cant afford to take advice!
You can't afford not to, but you could have consulted people on this forum first, and all for free.

I cant believe that the pipe would fill up to the level of the toilet if there was a blockage, it would all just leak out of the drain cover!
It's your right to disbelieve, just like I can't believe how stupid you are turning out to be.

I'm not taking the p**s, I just dont have the money to pay what plumbers charge! What are they, £100 an hour these days? :eek:
Absolute t*sser.

Alright mate, why you getting nasty? I may of done some things wrong, but at least Im trying, not some lazy ponce on the dole sitting at home all day.

You need to learn yto be more polite to people.

john_nicholls said:

John

i think that what ppl are trying to tell you. if ur downpipe to the underground sewer gets blocked then when you flush your toilet the waste in your toilet will be overflowing out of the hopperhead.

Hmmm. Wonder where the shower waste runs to. Can't see it in his pic internally or externally. Maybe it runs under the floor and connects up at the back of the pan before exiting building. Or maybe he just has a bucket under it. Ha ha ha ha ha. I love it.
BTW Softus. You criticised me in another post about my attitude to novices, so don't you think that you're being a bit harsh on him. :evil:

Well..

I’m all for people doing it themselves but wow. Follow the regulations they are their for a reason not just to annoy you, like people have said ask on here im sure you’d get answer rather than 4 pages of giggles.

If I were you I would pay a plumber £40 - £70 and ask them what you need to do, ask their advice and the cheapest way to do it which will adhere to regulations, and ask if they will check your work.

You said earlier in one of your replays that a saniflo was too expensive, if you get a £500 fine it works out as an investment, that way you can keep your WC where it is and not have to think about moving it.

And I wouldn’t take many dumps in that loo just incase one gets stuck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back