Entry phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My entry phone works for someone buzzing me and me letting them in but I can't hear them and they can't hear me. Is this easy to solve and where should I start?

Sponsored Links
sounds like ( no pun intended ) a knackered speaker in the door end..

this is used as both the mic and the speaker..

also could be a loose or broken wire...

Sponsored Links
sm1thson said:
could be a loose or corroded wire,
could be ...allsorts really
With an in-depth analysis and fault-finding process like that, it's almost like you're standing next to the OP. :eek:

Softus said:
With an in-depth analysis and fault-finding process like that, it's almost like you're standing next to the OP. :eek:
if i was stood next to the OP i have every confidence i would find the problem and likely fix it in a relatively short space of time. however without been there and little to go on its pretty hard to describe the fault finding process –that’s what I was hinting towards. I don’t think my post was completely useless though as I suggested looking for a loose or corroded wire which is useful information to help the OP in his quest. Once he has tried all the above suggestions I will offer more, but I want going to start writing a book on how to fault find and mend things without a bit more feedback first.

sm1thson said:
however without been there and little to go on its pretty hard to describe the fault finding process
Fair play. I'll butt out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back