Door entry phone

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just replaced a door entry phone in my flat. It is a simple 1 button door release model. The problem i have got is that when someone presses the buzzer outside it does not ring when the phone is on the hook, it only rings when you pick up the reciever! This is driving me mad, so would really appreciate someone else's help. I have attached a picture below so that you can see how it is wired up.

View media item 5318 [/img]

Sponsored Links
I'm not sure.

Could I suggest that you check the manufactures web site and follow the wiring diagram ?

Obviously it not working and you haven't confirmed if the new handset is the same as the old one. Certain phones need straps on the contacts, but without the manufactures name I have no way of offering further help.

Components for door entry consist of door unit, latch release, power supply unit with some controls and the receiver phone unit.

If would help if the picture was turned 90 degrees and posted in a large format, but we'd still need the manufactures name and the details of the phone model and psu / control unit name (and a picture of the connections that exist on the control unit).

Sorry, i was being a bit stupid and accidentally posted the topic before finishing it off properly. If you click on the pictures they will show a larger version.

So firstly here is a picture of the old phone (unfortunately no Make)

Next here is the picture of how it was oribinally wired up.

This is how the new phone is wired up, it was bought from the www.entryphone.co.uk and it is a model 201

I hope this has worked.

Sponsored Links
If you click on the pictures they get bigger. I hope this helps, sorry to be such hard work but i am plasterer so this is like japanese to me!

Do you need to see the letters on the terminals for the new one?

Here's the PDF for the new phone

http://www.entryphone.co.uk/pdf/phones.pdf

Near the bottom you will see a chart showing you models that the phone can replace and the wiring for them.

Since you had the good sense to photo the old one, what we or you will need is to:-

Confirm old phone model type per the PDF list
Then compare old wiring per picture
Then adjust wiring from old setup to the listed details on the PDF

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks for the help, the problem with mine is that there is no name on it anywhere so it is really hard to establish what model

Are B, F and G linked together?
As coljack says, could do with a clearer pic. Also on the old handset can you post some clearer pics of the front and back of the PCB?

I will take some pics of it tonight and put them on here. Thanks for all the effort fellas it is very much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back