Enviroboard - alternative to Supalux or Masterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Has anyone used these Enviroboards, which are a recent alternative to cement boards?
http://archetech.org.uk/?p=6300

I wondered if they are really dense like Supalux, or a bit softer like Masterboard. Or like Hardibacker or Aquaboard.

And if you've used any of these, how does Enviroboard compare?

Sponsored Links
Bumping this thread as I'm also looking at them now. I guess if they've been around since 2015 they can't be doing so badly.

I used them in 2015 at home, and have specified them on contracts since where appropriate.

The big issue with these and othert MgO based boards is to not use them in constant damp humid environments (swimming baths, large plant houses or suchlike). There was a big scare story from (IIRC) Denmark, where a similar type of MgO board crumbled due to the conditions they were exposed to.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the reply, I think I'm going to go with them as they are a fraction the cost of Supalux and they meet the criteria, ours wont even have much rain on them!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back