Environmentally friendly identity 'crisis'

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am keen to be as environmentally friendly as possible. We're replacing all our light bulbs at home with low energy bulbs, fitting rads with TRVs, insulating well above the min requirements of the current building regs and recylcing as much as we can. I've also got everyone at the office to recycle all our paper and to reduce paper use as much as possible by only printing things we really need to. Over the last six months i've also switched to 'paperless billing' and/or online banking to reduce my personal paper usage wherever posssible. This has all being going well until this last weekend.

I've applied for a small amount of credit, and speaking to the guy on the phone he said 'all that is left to do is to come in and sign the papers, you'll need to bring a photographic ID, you're driving licence or passport etc.. and at least two utility bills addressed to you at your address and dated within the last three months.' Ah, now thats where the problems begin, i haven't had a paper utility bill, or statement for the last five months. Can i print one of the internet and bring that? No - it has to be something that has is official and has been sent through the post.

Anyone else had similar problems and how did they get around this? I've reduced my carbon footprint but i seem to be deleting my identity too!!!

Sponsored Links
Anyone else had similar problems and how did they get around this? I've reduced my carbon footprint but i seem to be deleting my identity too!!!

Yes, had the same problem when applying for mortgage as all my bills and statements are paper free. They said a definite no to printouts.

however, i printed them out on a decent colour laser and they had absolutely no idea anyway

:LOL:

All this 'reducing your carbon footprint' mania is the biggest con going. Its is forced on a gullible UK population who need something to fill their time, and something to feel guilty about.

Whats is the point in the UK population conserving resources and energy, if our useless government is intent on increasing the population by as many people as possible. Why should we worry ourselves about being 'green' if there are more and more people coming to our shores to use more fuel, energy, food, resources, space, etc, etc. The UK population is predicted to grow from 60m to 70m people in the next 20 years, so what's the point?

Whilst we're on about green lunacy, how about the fact that the government has been discouraging people from buying 4x4s and big cars, by taxing them off the road. Now, surprise surprise, Land Rover and Jaguar are in big trouble and need taxpayers money to save them from extinction.

So instead of following the green herd, and beating yourself over the head about your wasteful, indulgent life - stand back - take time to think about what's really going on - think for yourself, and don't allow yourself to be brainwashed.

Sponsored Links
Take your computer screen in :LOL:

TBH, if you are concerned about your CF, then you will walk to their offices too

Back