envoy 50 and co.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what do i do next.
the story so far.
1,had plumber changed all my rads fo newer and larger rads,no probs there.the plumber a corgi reg chap did a visual inspection of the boiler and was conserned about fumes.he took off front panel and used his tpi co meter and found co reading around where burner meets combustion box.he said readings was same as putting tpi meter down flue.
he asked me to discon it i agreed.signed his paperwork etc.
2.called british gas in as under maintaince contract.
bg engineer reconnects boiler restarts it and says its a room sealed boiler and no co is leaking into this room,no machine was used to do testing.
3,asked radiator man back to further investigate more and i will pay him,he takes out burner and finds heating exchanger is 90% blocked with deposits and fan is pushing fumes through rubber seal on burner box and not through to the flue.
so now he has turned it off again saying it needs a scraper to dislodge deposits and a gasket kit,he says its approx a 4 hour job.
so shall i call back british gas and complain,is it worth it.
bye for now.

Sponsored Links
Sounds like you have a case against BG but how far you would get is debatable. It sounds like this should be reperted to CORGI, but again I don't know if that will do any good either. They just seem to want to make examples of small installers and keep a check on fitters who are doing things correctly :eek: :rolleyes:

You need the expert views on here from the likes of namsag who I beleive is an excellent BG engineer. He would be able to advise what if anything you can or should do withe regards to this ;)

God don`t swear at me gas4you.. i`m an ex BG engineer who knows a wee bit ;)

Phone them up and kick up tell them what has been found and want them out straight away otherwise going to Corgi they will sh#t it and be out that day. Parts will have to be ordered but they are avialable next day so you should be working for tuesday.

If you get some daft young girl on phone who isn`t helpful just demand a manager
Also you can push for money paid out to refunded because of there incompetance. They will prob offer you x amount off your contact renewal

envoy user said:
it needs a scraper to dislodge deposits and a gasket kit,he says its approx a 4 hour job.

To do the job well should only take an hour!

New seals are red, old style were black

Sponsored Links
namsag said:
God don`t swear at me gas4you.. i`m an ex BG engineer who knows a wee bit ;)

Sorry namsag yet again I've got the wrong end of the stick or maybe I have you confused with another on here :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back