EPDM Fleeceback Rubberbond

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just had a quote to re-felt a flat roof of around 10'x8'. I was expecting a quote for felt but it was for EPDM Fleeceback Rubberbond. I haven't any experience of EDPM but the pamphlet with it says it lasts for up to 50 years and is stronger and more hardwearing than normal felt.

Can somebody confirm what their experience is of EDPM and whether it's worth paying the extra ( I assume felt will be cheaper).

Regards
Kevski

Sponsored Links
Only a limited experience - but was considering having a flat roof done here so had a look @ a job being done in a town nearby -drove past and asked the guys installing it - Was actually impressed ;) And that`s something for me with 30+ years of plumbing experience in the building game

I had mine done nearly 10 years ago. An attached single garage plus an area about 16ft by 12ft over a hallway and reception room. Yes, it cost more than felt but it looks as new today as when it was first laid and by now felt would be nearing the end of its life. Highly recommend it.

Sponsored Links
It really is as good as the leaflet says.Alot of architects spec it on commercial builds and it is often used under Green roofs .This kind of single membrane , having been around for over 40 years really is the future.
The key to a product like EPDM is the company fitting it.
If they are members of the NFRC (National Federation of Roofing Contractors) you will get an insurance backed warranty on the workmanship via the Trustmark scheme.I have fitted allsorts of roofing systems from Leadwork on historic buildings to Solar PV systems and think EPDM is excellent when correctly detailed.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back