Erbauer drill guide for tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HomeConversations>
Start a New Conversation: Tile drilling guides

Need to drill a number of 6mm and 8mm holes in tiles for bathroom accessories. Have got my diamond drill bits but also came across Erbauer drill guide at Screwfix (84524).Can anyone advise if these are any good and also what the suction cup diameter is. One pair of holes is on the end of a stud partition between bath and shower, so need suction cup to be smaller than width of stud wall ( 7 inches) otherwise it wont stick. Also does hole guide part rotate so it can be positioned tricky areas?

Sponsored Links
It's not a bad bit of kit. It does stick ok and can be rotated to wherever you need it.

Diameter is approx 50-60mm suction cup and around 100-130mm overall width I'd say. Can't check as it's in my box on a job.

I'm old school, so I have a small home made plywood jig with 6 and 8mm holes which i stick to the tiles using double sided tape.
Once the hole is started and past the glazing, i remove the jig and continue.
Never had a slip.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back