Esse 500 flueless gas stove - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have found this flueless gas stove on the web.

It's £850 and has a catalytic converter so that all exhaust gas can go into the (ventilated) room.

Has anyone got and/or fitted one? Do you rate them? Good value? Problems?

(They're British made I think.)

Thanks for any help, and I hope this isn't the wrong forum - but I see nothing else gas fires/stoves fit into.

Regards,

Abe

Sponsored Links
wouldn't recommend them unless you like condensation and CO poisioning.

I have a Dutch made Esse balanced flue fire and it is really good quality... Weighs a ton and is very efficient for a LFE fire. But I cannot recommend any flueless fire at all.. Condensation and must be installed precisely as the manufacturers say and MUST be serviced on the dot. I think that most of the problems with flueless fires come from DIYers thinking that because it does not need a flue, then it is totally harmless and therefore a DIY proposition.. And then they also think that they know better than the people who designed it..

By the way a flueless fire cannot be used as the primary/ only source of heating in a room.. You didn't say it would but just in case.

Sponsored Links
hmmm...interesting replies...Ive got one of these...
works good for me so far... I have it alongside a rad so it isnt the only source of heat but does need ventilation. It was also fitted by a person who knew about flueless gas fires with catalytic elements not just any ole plumber.....

@ novice70

I believe that on these fires the catalyst has to be changed a a given number of hours ( usually measured in 000's).

What are you doing to record hours of burning ?

hmmm...interesting replies...Ive got one of these...
works good for me so far... I have it alongside a rad so it isnt the only source of heat but does need ventilation. It was also fitted by a person who knew about flueless gas fires with catalytic elements not just any ole plumber.....

And if you want to celebrate Christmas you will skip it first thing in the morning and not use it again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back