Flueless wall fire - any good?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitted with a catalytic converter so no wall required, just hang and connect to supply! But are they as good and safe as they sound? I've not seen one in the flesh, just going by website reviews/supplier descriptions. They sound good...? I'd be using with Propane not mains gas which I presume is doable?

Here's some FYI: http://www.fireplacemegastore.co.uk/catalytic-flueless-gas-fires

Sponsored Links
we dont need any info brother, they are a deathtrap

please, do not fit one ;)

Seriously!!?? In what way? The suppliers speak highly of them (naturally!) but surely if they were bad, they'd be out of business?

Sponsored Links
Are you prepared to have a large hole in your wall for ventilation and large quantities of condensation on your windows?.. This is what the suppliers don't tell you.. You'll find it hard to get an engineer to fit it as we are quite cautious about flueless fires.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back