Euro 4H chassis..

M

Mickymoody

I recently found out that this is what is fitted to my Panasonic 32" TV, but there are slight straitions on the screen, when imposed with onscreen graphics, that might suggest a power supply variation? And I wondered if anyone might have a service manual PDF, that referred to it?

Sponsored Links
That graphic is very funny, as it didn't recall any result I received, so I would perceive what you wrote as spam, as you added nothing, and posted usefullness. Nice.

My apologies, I was unaware of your inability to use a computer.

I wish you every luck with......nothing at all.

Sponsored Links
That graphic is very funny, as it didn't recall any result I received, so I would perceive what you wrote as spam, as you added nothing, and posted usefullness. Nice.

You consider it spam because he posted something useful?

It's curious... Not so long ago Mickeymoody was adamant that these sorts of manuals were illegal to post....But now the boot is on the other foot ;)

Oh sorry I PAID MONEY for those manuals....So for me to post them in the public domain is ILLEGAL. I suggest you visit sites that provide you with manufactorer manuals....if you want to view them? Then pay for them too?

What's the phrase...

"Hoisted by one's own petard"

That Google thing made me laugh. Thanks for posting it gman76 :mrgreen:

It's curious... Not so long ago Mickeymoody was adamant that these sorts of manuals were illegal to post....But now the boot is on the other foot ;)

Oh sorry I PAID MONEY for those manuals....So for me to post them in the public domain is ILLEGAL. I suggest you visit sites that provide you with manufactorer manuals....if you want to view them? Then pay for them too?

What's the phrase...

Micky a hypocrit? No, never!

What's the phrase...

When you learn how to spell hypocrite, then you may use it. When asking for a general service manual, for a TV that has been out of stock, and is obsolete, where is the value to charge for a service manual? The cost of the service manual costs more than the repair or the TV, or the disposal of the TV. I'm not setting up in business to repair these, just to adjust my own personal set. I have a 30 year old B & O, TV, they were happy to provide info, and it still gives a better picture than a one year old flatscreen, of ANY manufacturer. HD on any flatscreen hurts my eyes. Plasma is even worse.

A Bang & Olufssen, or a Panasonic with the Euro 4H chassis, will beat any HD Plasma, any day. A 30 year old CRT telly, with a better picture than your latest Plasma? Ohh It hurts!

When you learn how to spell hypocrite, then you may use it. When asking for a general service manual, for a TV that has been out of stock, and is obsolete, where is the value to charge for a service manual? The cost of the service manual costs more than the repair or the TV, or the disposal of the TV. I'm not setting up in business to repair these, just to adjust my own personal set. I have a 30 year old B & O, TV, they were happy to provide info, and it still gives a better picture than a one year old flatscreen, of ANY manufacturer. HD on any flatscreen hurts my eyes. Plasma is even worse.

A Bang & Olufssen, or a Panasonic with the Euro 4H chassis, will beat any HD Plasma, any day. A 30 year old CRT telly, with a better picture than your latest Plasma? Ohh It hurts!

Ahh, here comes his rant about ancient TVs being far superior in quality than a modern TV capable of displaying an HD image.. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the subject, obviously.

As for the missing 'e', oh my GOD! I made a typo! I must be expelled from the internet for this unforgivable mistake that Micky would never make! (Except for all those times he does, which are obviously forgivable.)

If you click the link you were given, there appears to be plenty of information available.

Ahh, here comes his rant about ancient TVs being far superior in quality than a modern TV capable of displaying an HD image.. Which has absolutely nothing to do with the subject, obviously.

As for the missing 'e', oh my GOD! I made a typo! I must be expelled from the internet for this unforgivable mistake that Micky would never make! (Except for all those times he does, which are obviously forgivable.)

If you click the link you were given, there appears to be plenty of information available.

I don't understand the issue with spelling, when the cause has come across..I'm not writing a book here, although I might.

Are you able to understand the concept of the thread, and reply to it, rather than criticise it? With no knowledge of what it contains? You see the words, criticise them, analize them, but don't acknowledge them, or feel any need to reply to the context of what was written. It's like my own personal proof reader. Make comments about my post, but have no brain to actually respond to the information. Well done.

Back on topic...

Can you post a picture of the symptoms?

I've got several Panasonic Euro4 tellies, and some of them do exhibit slightly ragged verticals when displaying graphics. I have a feeling it's due to dried up electrolytic capacitors in the power supply, but no proof. I haven't tried re-capping yet as the problem isn't that bad.

I have one of these which are pretty good at detecting bad capacitors. Often the esr starts to go bad before you really start seeing the capacitance change.
An oscilloscope is good for looking at the output of the power supply. If the capacitors are failing it will either be the wrong voltage which you can detect with a regular multimeter or the voltage will fluctuate which you can easily see on an oscilloscope. Or in theory you should be able to detect with a multimeter set to AC.

I'd quote both posts, as they are great answers...the striations are not causing the TV to fail, and have been there since new, so low ESR caps, maybe not the fault? Maybe underrated caps in the design? Hence why I asked for the manual.

TV's aren't really designed for the low graphics they display, with hi-res, overgraphics, even though the screen works at 100Hz...

So maybe a tweak of the filter caps running off the Painter chip etc...or maybe an earthing fault, similar striations, that resulted in failure I had repairing RM monitors a while back, when the crystal because unsynced, and maybe that is a tweak for my TV? It involved a factory fix, that involved soldering two test points together, then tweaking a pot, to readjust. I presume in this TV that is done electronically? What is the code to do this, and how to enter the data? Hence the need for a manual?

My B&O TV, after 30 years has no such issues.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back