Europa qualifying

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

If Man City win the FA cup and qualify for Europa and also stay 4th in the Prem will their Europa spot go to Liverpool

Why they have to have it so complicated

Sponsored Links
The following info is taken from Wiki about the Europa qualification criteria :

''Qualification can be quite complicated if one team qualifies for European competition through two different routes. In all cases, if a club is eligible to enter the UEFA Champions League then the Champions League place takes precedence and the club does not enter the UEFA Europa League. The UEFA Europa League place is then granted to another club. If a team qualifies for European competition through both winning a cup and league placing, the "spare" UEFA Europa League place will go to either the cup runners-up or the highest placed league team which has not already qualified for European competition, depending on the rules of the national association.''

So if Man City beat Stoke and finish 4th then they pass their Europa spot onto Stoke?

I believe that if Man City win the FA Cup and still finish in European spot, then Stoke will enter the Europa League

Sponsored Links
I was of the understanding that one of the managers complained that the games were too close together, and some caviat had been introduced, or was to be introduced, like has been stated, too confusing..

It's like QPR, as Championship qualifiers, a dodgy deal in the background, means they might be docked points, or fines, or whatever..so even though they are promoted, maybe not..

Surely if Man City finish fourth they go into the Champions League qualifiers, and if they also win the FA Cup they will still go into the the CL qualifiers.

They will only go into the Europa League if they finish 5th, and / or win the FA Cup.

I believe that if Man City win the FA Cup and still finish in European spot, then Stoke will enter the Europa League

thats the way it is under Scottish FA rules, there have been a few wee teams getting into europe through getting beat in the scottish cup final by the team who won the league, i think a spare place should go to the team for highest league position as that is earned throughout the season, rather than getting beat in a cup final after only 4 or 5 games

Back